Deadline extended to the 3nd July 2016 – Training course “People in Poverty : Part of the bigger picture”
“The level of injustice is shocking, and something needs to be done…“
21st – 28th August 2016
- Are you brave enough to stand up for those who are unable to stand up for themselves?
- Do you want to explore different methods of Advocacy?
- Are you passionate about social justice and equality in the European society?
- Can you see the real life examples of poverty in Europe?
- Are you interested how one’s identity is formed and can change with the time?
- Do you have a strong opinion you would like to share and discuss with others?
If you answered to any of these questions YES, then EYCE is offering a great life-time experience for you!
Education, training and empowerment of young people is important, especially when it comes to actions in addressing poverty in your own context. Poverty can often change one’s identity as well. Therefore EYCE is organising a training course that is focused on very practical impact of personal experiences, deeper understanding how it feels to be in poverty, how it can change your identity and advocacy. Making a positive step towards more inclusive society.
We invite you to this EYCE training course “People and Poverty” in Lisbon…
- To understand how poverty affects identity;
- To explore different methods of advocacy;
- To understand the importance of advocating for those in poverty;
- To explore theological perspective – Exploration on the Christian attitude towards poverty, Jesus as an advocate for the poor;
- To create advocacy strategies, and so much more…
This event will be part of EYCE’s Campaign to Overcome Poverty “Break the Chains!”.
WHO? Potential youth leaders and young people (age 18-30) actively engaged in their communities and coming from EYCE’s network.
WHEN? 21st – 28th August.
WHERE? Lisbon, Portugal.
LANGUAGE : English.
It will be essential for all the participants to understand and speak English in order to take full advantage of the training course.
Deadline for receiving applications: Deadline extended to the 3th July 2016 midnight CET!
The participation fee will be 50 € (Euros) including accommodation, meals and the programme.
Please note that this amount can only be offered because of the subsidies received from the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe. Please note that a cancellation fee of 200 € (Euros) is expected from participants who cancel their participation less than 2 weeks prior to its beginning.
The travel expenses can be reimbursed according to the EYCE policies. Please do not buy any tickets prior to the confirmation of your participation, agreement with EYCE office and visa acknowledgement (if applicable)!
We also advise you to look for alternative ways to support your travel costs!
Please note that a health insurance is NOT arranged by EYCE!
Some of you may need a visa to enter Portugal! Please check immediately with the Portuguese Embassy or Consulate in your country whether this is the case and see www.eyce.org/service/documents about the details of procedure.
Looking forward to seeing you in Lisbon!
International Planning Committee (Daniel, Jan, Manon, Salla, Vendy, Viorica)